History spot
Small concentration plant’s story
The small concentrator was remodeled from a pilot plant, which quadrupled its productivity. However, the work of the small concentration plant and the entire combine was under threat before the launch. At the end of 1944, a fire broke out in the wooden building of ...
New resort for Norilsk people
In February 1985, a new health resort of the Norilsk combine - Lake Beloye - took in first vacationers. 15 years earlier, in November 1969, the government had decided to increase the sanitary services for miners and metallurgists. The Norilsk Mining and Metallurgical Combine was ...
Norilsk maternity hospital’s birthday
Of course, children on the northern land were born even before 1946. For example, one of the first Norilsk mothers was the wife of the geologist Alexander Vorontsov, Sofya. In 1932, when Norilsk was not even a village yet, she gave birth to a daughter, ...
Fairs and sales in Norilsk
In summer, the city shops, restaurants, and gastronomy went outside with their products. Central city fairs were located on the city squares: first - on the Komsomolskaya one, on the site of the future Culture center, then - on Dzerzhinsky square, where the drama theater ...
In 1942, first Norilsk CHPP appeared
The decision to build a large heat and power plant in Norilsk was made almost simultaneously with the creation of the combine which could not exist without it. Before its creation, a temporary power plant (WPP) operated in the village: at the beginning of the ...
In 1978, musk oxen were born on Taimyr
It was a bold experiment in reintroduction, that is, in restoring the population of animals that once lived on Taimyr, but became extinct. The first batch of musk oxen for Taimyr was captured by Canadian zoologists in August 1974 on Banks Island - ten young animals, ...
First metal of Nadezhda
The construction of the Second Nickel Factory started virtually without a project. There was no time to wait in the Arctic with its harsh conditions. Combining design and construction in Norilsk was normal. During the construction of the Nadezhda Metallurgical Factory, the builders removed 9 ...
Norilsk television center
The first projects of the Norilsk TV center developed in 1953, but at that time all efforts of builders went to the combine facilities and residential buildings. The Medstroy office came to the site on the hill near Utinoe lake in early 1958. On February ...
How Norilsk theater was created
Initially, it was called the Norilsk Second Polar Theater, the First Polar Theater was at that time located in Igarka. The troupe of the Norilsk theater consisted of the artists of the Igarka theater, the disbanded Achinsk theater, the prisoners of the Norillag. On October ...

