of 3

History spot

Norilsk theatre turns 80

Norilsk theatre turns 80

The Norilsk Polar Drama Theater named after poet Vladimir Mayakovsky and the photo information bureau (FIB) are of the same age. The photo laboratory under Arkady Sorokin’s leadership was organized at the Norilsk combine before the start of the war, in April, and the Second ...

Nuclear reactor launched in Norilsk half century ago

Nuclear reactor launched in Norilsk half century ago

They say that when the nuclear scientists went to their first festive demonstration in Norilsk in white gowns and with a banner LAMA - Laboratory of Atomic Methods of Analysis - the people took them for the team of the restaurant of the same name. ...

Double celebration for Norilsksnab

Double celebration for Norilsksnab

The supply service of the Norilsk Mining and Metallurgical Combine in 1975 turned three decades. From the first days Norilsksnab was famous for its large-scale personalities. Vladimir Vsesvyatsky, the future chief, arrived at the disposal of the Norilsk combine at the end of 1942 together ...

Norilsk became an order bearer in 1971

Norilsk became an order bearer in 1971

The awarding decree was signed in the Kremlin in early 1971. The city received the Order of the Red Labor Banner for the success achieved by the workers in fulfilling the tasks of the five-year plan for the production of non-ferrous metals. By that time, ...

First explosion at Komsomolsky mine thundered in 1965

First explosion at Komsomolsky mine thundered in 1965

On April 30, the Council of Ministers of the USSR decided: there will be the Mayak-2 underground mine. A year later, at the initiative of young builders, it was renamed Komsomolsky. The Komsomolsky mine was also a testing ground and a production laboratory for the introduction ...

Taimyrsky mine construction started in 1974

Taimyrsky mine construction started in 1974

The ore body lies at a depth of 1000–1200 meters there. The development of the Taimyrsky ore deposits began from the horizons of the Octyabrsky mine. At the first stage of construction, part of the equipment, concrete, compressed air and other necessary resources came from ...

First cribbed berth in Dudinka

First cribbed berth in Dudinka

The earliest mention of the Dudinka port found in official documents is dated November 3, 1937. In the order of the head of Norilsk combine Vladimir Matveev on Norilskstroy and the NKVD forced labor camp, one of the points read: “To appoint comrade Antonov Semyon ...

In 1950 Valyok sanatorium founded

In 1950 Valyok sanatorium founded

The combine’s workers came there after the work shift. Shower, quartz, sollux, slippers, pajamas, food from the local state farm, walking in the fresh air awaited them... At first, Valyok was housed in two small wooden houses for 50 people with chambers for ten people. The ...

Warm buses in Norilsk

Warm buses in Norilsk

The townspeople had to be transported to Talnah, Kayerkan, to Alykel, to the Nadezhda metallurgical plant under construction. Old buses ZIL-158 and a small number of PAZ could not cope. At that time, the trucking company purchased LAZ-695M, as well as LiAZ-677, which for many years ...