Small concentration plant’s story
12+

Small concentration plant’s story

September 22, 2020

The enterprise was designed to process 1 000 tons of ore per day.

The small concentrator was remodeled from a pilot plant, which quadrupled its productivity.  However, the work of the small concentration plant and the entire combine was under threat before the launch.  At the end of 1944, a fire broke out in the wooden building of the factory, where the reconstruction was almost completed.  It was not possible to establish the reason for it.  The restoration work began immediately, continued around the clock, without stopping even during the black blizzard, which was raging for a whole week.  The factory was restored by 23 February.

The big concentration plant was commissioned at the end of 1948

In the spring of 1945, on the slope of mount Rudnaya, the building of the big concentration plant began to be erected.  Pits for future buildings were prepared with explosives, soil was loaded into dump cars.  But most of the work there was done by hand.  The head of the BCP construction was the leader of the Komsomol organization Ivan Perfilov.

The big concentration plant was commissioned at the end of 1948, at that time it was the largest in Europe. Its construction and operation became possible, first of all, because the concentrators of the pilot and small concentrating plants brought proven technologies, professional experience and the ability not to succumb to difficulties.

 Read other materials of our photo project in the History spot section.

Text: Svetlana Samokhina, Photo: Nornickel Polar Division archive

September 22, 2020

All rights reserved ©️ THIS IS TAIMYR online media, 2020

If quoting in whole or in part, a reference to the This is Taimyr is required. The editors are not responsible for the information contained in advertisements. The editors do not provide reference information. Registered by the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media. Certificate of registration of mass media is ЭЛ No. ФС 77 - 79414 dated 02.11.2020, valid. Distributed in Russian Federation and foreign countries.

Founder: Severny Gorod Media Company LLC, 663300, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Norilsk, Komsomolskaya st., 33a.

Chief editor: Natalia N. Popova