The strategic document sets out seven goals for what Norilsk should be like in 2035:
– a comfortable city for living in the Arctic;
– a city that develops human capital and has a promising vision – a city where residents want to stay long;
– a polyfunctional center in the Arctic;
– a transport and logistics hub;
– a clean industrial city with the best environmental development practices;
– a safe city;
– a city of technological and innovative developments for life in the Arctic.
According to the strategy developers’ forecasts, by 2035 the permanent population of Norilsk will be 196.4 thousand people. The share of the able-bodied population will be at the level of 68.5 percent of the total population, and cash income will increase by 2.1 times compared to 2021.
A redundant fiber-optic communication channel with a bandwidth of at least 200 Gbps will be laid in the city, and high-speed Internet will cover 97 percent of households.
The gross municipal product in relation to the base period of 2020 will increase by 1.4 times, the volume of shipped locally produced goods – by 1.4 times. The planned growth of retail trade turnover will increase by 1.6 times compared to 2020.
Text: Victor Tsaryov, Photo: Nikolay Shchipko