Federal project Children of the Arctic to help in educating and rehabilitating northerners

Federal project Children of the Arctic to help in educating and rehabilitating northerners

May 27, 2020

The regional and federal treasury compensate for flights to places of rest, study and competitions.

The delegation of the Krasnoyarsk region Government took part in the meeting with the Agency for the Human Capital Development in the Far East and the Arctic. The meeting addressed the issues of children’s rehabilitation and education in the north of our region, the Krasnoyarsk region official portal reports.

So, the Krasnoyarsk government has proposed a number of measures that will support the education of children in the northern territories and help children improve their health. As for the resorts of the Krasnodar region and the Crimea, everything is settled. The federal budget plans to compensate for the trips and flights cost, as well as pay for the flight for accompanying persons. Housing and meals will be provided from the regional treasury.

For the children of the Arctic, having rest in the Krasnoyarsk region health camps, transportation expense is still a problem. 70% of the cost of trips for children from among the indigenous minorities of the North is included into the regional budget until 2022. The remaining 30% regional parliamentarians offered to pay from the federal budget.

Flights from home to school for the northern children who are studying in a boarding school will be compensated. In addition, the children living in the Arctic regions will have the opportunity to participate in competitions in their native languages ​​and northern sports competitions. So that the flight can be funded, these disciplines should be included in the list of all-russian competitions.

The meeting participants suggested combining all the initiatives into the Arctic Children subprogram. It will become a part of the federal program Social and Economic Development of the Arctic Zone of the Russian Federation, which is being developed by the Ministry of the Russian Federation for the Far East and the Arctic Development.

Text: Victor Tsarev, Photo: Denis Kozhevnikov

May 27, 2020

All rights reserved ©️ THIS IS TAIMYR online media, 2020-2023

If quoting in whole or in part, a reference to the This is Taimyr is required. The editors are not responsible for the information contained in advertisements. The editors do not provide reference information. Registered by the Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media. The mass media registration number is ЭЛ No. ФС 77 - 79414 dated 02.11.2020, valid. Distributed in Russian Federation and foreign countries.

Founder: Severny Gorod Media Company LLC, 663300, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Norilsk, Komsomolskaya st., 33a.

Chief editor: Natalia N. Popova

This site uses cookies and services to collect technical visitor data (IP address data, etc.) to ensure performance and improve the service quality. By continuing to use our site, you automatically agree to the use of these technologies: