#ARCTIC. #SIBERIA. THIS IS TAIMYR. More than three dozen different enterprises and organizations were concentrated in Dudinka in 1951. The main ones were the river port, the sawmill, the industrial plant, the Selhozstroy office and the fish factory.
The former village began to acquire an urban look in the second half of the 1950s, when they began to build the four-storey houses on piles, a post office, a house of culture, and a polyclinic.
In 1958, the first excursion ship from Krasnoyarsk came to Dudinka. 370 passengers of the Valery Chkalov motor ship – writers, journalists, artists, actors, scientists from Moscow and Irkutsk – examined the port, visited the museum, and went to Norilsk. The end point of the excursion route was Dixon.
55 years ago, it turned out that in 1967 the city would probably celebrate its 300th anniversary, if to count from the founding of the Dudinskoye winter hut. District leaders decided celebrate the anniversary at the large scale. At the celebration Norilsk was represented by the plant director Vladimir Dolgih.
Read other materials of the photo project in the History spot section.
Text: Varvara Sosnovskaya, Photo: archive of the Norilsk Nickel Polar Division