#ARCTIC. #SIBERIA. THIS IS TAIMYR. Komsomol members of the Norilsk expedition in 1931 was met by Komsomol “old-timers”. At the same time, a Komsomol geological exploration team was formed to work on the Norilsk-2 drilling rigs.
In 1932, the first district Komsomol conference was held in Taimyr, it was attended by delegates from Norilskstroy.
“For the initiative of the Norilsk Komsomol members” – under this heading, the Soviet Taimyr newspaper on January 15, 1933, told about the Komsomol meeting of the Norilsk people, at which they unanimously decided: “All Komsomol members should join production for 1933-1934 and urge the Komsomol members of the Taimyr district to follow their example”.
However, 1937 was considered the birthday of the Norilsk Komsomol. In 1935, after a well-known order, the construction of Norilsk was forced, and the arriving volunteers revived the Komsomol organization. In August, an organizational meeting was held, which was attended by 13 Komsomol members. The builder Ivan Perfilov was elected the secretary of the Norilsk Komsomol organization (in 1945 he became the combine’s deputy head for construction).
In 1939, when Norilsk became a working settlement, the Komsomol organization numbered about three hundred people.
During the war years, Komsomol members were active both in production and in organizing leisure activities. 20 000 people went out on Sunday cleanings, the money they earned was transferred to the defense fund, they helped the families of those who went to the War. They created Komsomol youth shifts and front-line brigades, patronized machine tools and units, there were even two Komsomol steam locomotives.
One and a half million rubles were contributed to the Krasnoyarsk Komsomolets air squadron. The main slogans of 1944: “The Komsomol norm is two norms”, “We will give all our skill, steadfastness, daring, inexhaustible impulse to the great Victory”.
Norilsk Komsomol members built the first Norilsk stadium, helped in the construction of the first, small gym, cleared a skating rink on the lake.
In the History Spot’s previous publication, we talked about the fact that in the 1960s, at the foot of the Zub mountain in Norilsk, there was a sanatorium for weakened children.
Text: Svetlana Ferapontova, Photo: Nornickel Polar Branch archive