History spot
First panel house in Norilsk built of local materials
The construction of the first five-storey panel house on Leningradskaya street started in 1961. The experimental house was built of precast concrete by the industrial method. In 1962, the Reinforced Concrete Products Plant produced panels for four such houses. Local reinforced concrete products were used in ...
First Physical Education Day in Norilsk
The Soviet Union calendar, like the one of Russia, was rich in holidays. The All-Union Physical Education Day was established and first celebrated in the summer of 1939, July 18. The Athlete's Day came to Norilsk a year later and, judging by the photographs, was ...
First Komsomol brigade arrived in Norilsk in 1956
The call to the Soviet youth to develop the wealth of the North was issued in May 1956. Norilsk became one of the most popular addresses for the youth of Moscow, Leningrad, Krasnoyarsk. The first volunteers arrived at the construction of the Norilsk Combine the next ...
How musk oxen got from Canada to Taimyr
In Norilsk, Trudeau and his wife settled in a small mansion, which was completely rebuilt and renovated by their arrival. The walls of the guest house were decorated with deer and polar bear skins. The general translator, as they called Viktor Sukhodrev, suggested that the ...
Zavenyagin monument opened in Norilsk
The June photo of 1960 shows contemporaries of the legendary Norilsk Combine head: Sergey Agafonov and Vladimir Daryalsky. The first Hero of Socialist Labor in the city who built the cobalt plant, and the winner of the Stalin’s (now State) Prize for the development and ...

