In 1958, the school prepared the first graduation – 37 overhead and gantry crane operators.
At first, the school worked in the building of the Norilsk Industrial Institute (now Polar State University) on 50 Let Octyabrya street. In 1966, its premises were built on Pavlova street. The first building was a production building, and a hostel was also placed there. In the second one – an audience, a dining room, assembly and sports halls. In 1981 workshops were added to the yard.
It was planned that in addition to a hundred Norilsk evening students, 190 teenagers from Yeniseisk, Turuhansk, Igarka, Dudinka and Taimyr villages would study at the daytime department.
Over the years, the educational institution has changed several names. In 1963, VS-4 was renamed vocational school No. 17. In 1969, the vocational school was transferred to a three-year education institution – it became a secondary city vocational school, and in 2002 – a professional lyceum No. 17. Now it is a technical school of industrial technologies and services.
In the History Spot photo project previous publication we told about one of the first Nadezhda Metallurgical Plant’s directors – Albert Voronov.
Text: Svetlana Ferapontova, Photo: Nornickel Polar Branch archive